I thought right about now would be a good time to write a couple of quick facts about myself so you get to know me some more. I’ve decided that these facts won’t be the typical stuff you already know from my blog like all the stuff about karate and uni and all that jazz- it’ll be the kind of stuff that unless you’re really close to me, you probably wouldn’t know. I’ll try and be as open and honest as I possibly can too. I hope I won’t be too boring for you and you stick around and check out my other posts!
1. I’m an ambivert. I know, you probably already assumed that but you’d be surprised at how many people don’t realise. Some think I’m introverted, others think I’m extroverted, but I prefer to think that I’m a mix of both. I love a good party and socialising with other people. That being said, I also love a quiet night in just doing some writing and watching a good movie or binge watch a TV show. I’m happy with either equally.
2. I have really bizarre dreams. I don’t mean as in real life aspirations- I mean actual dreams in the middle of the night. I don’t think there’s been a time when I told someone my dream and they didn’t either have a puzzled look or an I’m-just-gonna-run-yep-ok look on their faces. One of the more bizarre dreams I had involved two of my favourite Russian singers (Dima Bilan and Sergey Lazarev), the cast of Chicago PD and Chicago Fire and Robert Downey Jr. The part I most vividly remember (oh yes, I also remember my dreams in a surprising amont of detail) was where we were at Dima Bilan’s wedding in this huge white circus tent and he was going absolutely mental so Sergey found me and told me and apparently I was the only one who would be able to calm him down. Don’t ask.
3. I quote movies and TV shows all the time and it’s not even awkward. I guess it’s not awkward because people know my personality and they know what I’m like and it ends up giving them a good laugh instead. I guess I could add to that that I’m apparently a bit of a joker or an entertainer of sorts. I’m always the one lifting the mood and being the one to make everyone else laugh and be happy. I hate seeing people all down and upset so when I can tell it’s about time for a bit of laughter, I come up with the goods.
4. I’m a big time history/current affairs buff. I’ve read so many books and watched so many movies and TV shows. I’ve lost count on the number of times I’ve spent hours and hours watching docos and newsreels on different terrorist attacks and other events (that’s horrible, I know). Whilst I’m on this point, I may as well add the fact that I’m a defence force buff as well. I love all things related to the military/air force/navy etc – even though I don’t know anyone currently serving. I think I may have been a soldier or been related to one in the past life or something. Facebook friends of mine are probably sick of my defence of James Mattis already.
5. I have a ridiculously diverse taste in music- and I don’t just mean genre wise- I mean language wise. My playlist literally consists of English, Croatian, Italian, Greek, Hebrew, French, Serbian, Bosnian, Spanish/Latin American, Hungarian, German, Macedonian…I’ve probably missed a few but you get the point. I’m also a sucker for pre-90s music and I’m always down for some nostalgic throwback jam sessions.
6. Rome is one of my favourite places in the world. I mean, it’s not like I’ve seen much of the world (future aspirations 101), but when I landed in Rome I had this feeling like it was “home sweet home”. I literally thought “home sweet home” but then I realised that I’d never actually been there before. Let’s just say it was the first of many times that I would visit. Who knows, maybe I might live there one day for a bit.
7. My favourite car is a 2011 Chevrolet Camaro. I also love muscle cars and I definitely prefer them over sports cars like Lambos, Porsches and Ferraris. I also love a bit of Top Gear. I also plan on getting a Harley Davidson which also means I need to get a motorbike license. Although, it would help if my parents finally taught me how to drive. @Parents, soon would be nice, thanks.
8. I’m a total beach bum but I also love a good winter. I love summer…well most of the time, but sometimes I love the colder days where I can just stay at home and write and watch movies all day long. That being said, I’d have to say my favourite type of weather is when it’s hot and stormy.
9. I’m Gryffindor and my patronus is an Orangutan, according to Pottermore. My wand is Elm wood, 12 ½ “ with a dragon heartstring core. I’m a bit of a Harry Potter nut, if I had to admit. Actually, as soon as I become obsessed with a series, I really do become obsessed. From HP to OUAT and so forth, I really fall for these shows.
So I hope you learned something new about me and weren’t totally bored out of your mind when reading this. If there’s anything else you’d like to know, just comment and I’ll be happy to help.